The Earth laughs in flowers. - Emerson


After my previous posting, this week's weather has actually been lovely. Semi-warm sunny days. It has filled me with the joyful anticipation of Spring. Though we'd all like warmer weather, there's something about Spring that thrills most of us. There's almost a euphoric sense of something coming with the end of cold days in sight, the budding trees, blooming flowers, fresh clean air, and rejuvenation of the spirit. Too much to place upon a coming season, I know and yet every year it happens. I personally feel the intense need to garden. Though I don't have a space to do this currently, the desire is still there. Just to see colorful blooms and foliage tumbling over each other fills my heart with joy. And, there are always options. If you don't have a garden, you can do it indoors! I always like to keep a container of herbs growing year round indoors (year round is totally wishful thinking on my part... my thumb's not that green) because fresh herbs are great in cooking. Still, this is an easy way to start and small herb container gardens can be found in most retail stores as well as online. There's also any number of plants that if placed near a window can grow and bloom, brightening up any apartment. We have some great books on container gardening. The local nursery, Andrews Seed just down the street from the campus has a fabulous staff who are great with answering questions about what grows where. So if you are feeling the need to help Spring along or just brighten your day, give it a try.

There are flowers and songs, snowflakes and smiles, acts of great courage, laughter between friends, a job well done, the smell of fresh-baked bread. Beauty is everywhere. ~ Matthew Fox

Comments

Popular Posts