Summer update

I confess, summer is my least favorite season. This is mainly due to the intense heat that we experience in this area which sends me into hiding in cool air-conditioned spaces. However, as I was walking across campus early this morning I was struck by what a wonderful summer moment it was. The sun was up with just enough clouds to make the morning still sort of gray. The air is somehow cool and warm at the same time, giving off a sense of comfort and cleanliness. Like climbing into a fresh made bed with clean sheets. It makes you want to stop and breathe it in. The smell of fresh mowed grass is everywhere. The dew still clinging to each blade, still resisting the coming heat of the day. This picture I found on Pixadis is exactly how this morning felt. These are the moments that I love summer. It feels very sad to me to think that it will be gone within the hour as the sun continues to rise and the temperature attempts to meet its incline.
I hope all of your summers are going well. School is almost out, one more week to go! This week I'm sure that causes a mixture of excitement, relief and stress among you. I wanted to let you all know about a few things that are happening with the Library in the next week or two. First of all, today is the last Library research class for the summer. They will resume the second week of Fall term. The Library is still open this Friday for those needing a place to get the last of that homework or study time in.
The Library will be closed for a couple of weeks beginning next Friday, August 12th, re-opening on August 29th. You are welcome to come in and check out books and movies next week and keep them over the break next week. If you have items to return and we are not here, please use the drop-boxes outside of the building.
If you haven't yet submitted your summer reading picks, please do so. I'll post the list of all your favorites here in the next week or so. All entries will be put into a drawing. We may have more than one prize available, so send us your book choices. I look forward to hearing from more of you!

Comments

Popular Posts