Welcome Back!


The start of a new year, and you've all made it back. It's nice to see your smiling faces again. Though the winter break did seem very short this year (as I'm sure it does every year), we are once again in full swing of classes and studies. I must say, the transition this week was made much easier by the lovely snow day. I know we will all be sick of the snow soon, but I still have that five-year-old excitement at the first real snow of the year. Here's a couple of shots from the Library of our winter wonderland taken on Tuesday. Before you get too bogged down with school work, I'm encouraging all to go out and enjoy it this weekend. Or you could take advantage of the cold weather excuse to curl up with a blanket, a good book and some Holiday Spice tea(mmmmm..). I was able to get some reading done over the break, and thanks to Mr. Wilson's suggestions had a lovely time of it. I broke out Anna Karenina once again, with a renewed sense of wonder as the last time I read it was long ago. It was wonderful, perfect actually. I've always felt that winter months should be reserved for reading Russian authors. There's something that feels rather fitting about reading long, dreary tales of beauty and epic passions during this season. I also, and again thank you Mr. Wilson, read Light in August. Though I haven't finished it yet, it is a fantastic book. I seem to have a rather love/hate relationship with Mr. Faulkner, where appreciation and enjoyment don't always coincide. This book thus far, breaks the rule. There are still copies available in the Library, so come and check one out.
Now, for those of you who are maybe feeling a bit under the weather this week, or just biding your time until the cold catches up to you....check out our featured list this month. We have added some really great books to the Library this year on natural health. There's everything from stress reduction to herbal remedies for the common cold. We've also purchased a subscription to Herbs for Health, a great new magazine chocked full of good ideas and information. All this to aid you in boosting your immune system, energy levels, and all around happiness.

Comments

Popular Posts