The end is near...

No, I'm not talking about the end of the world. The end of the school year is in sight for most of you. You are almost done. In that last minute scramble to get work completed on time, we hope that you can take advantage of some relaxation and a good book. In light of that, I'd like to introduce our Author of the Month. Yes, I know that it's the middle of the month. Still, there are four weeks left in the term, plenty of time to get some entertainment reading in. For the end of the term author, I decided to go with an old favorite.... Mary Higgins Clark. Mary Higgins Clark has been writing mystery/suspense for 30 plus years now. Her books have ranged over many topics and in general keep you reading into the wee hours of the night. Her latest book "Where are you now?" took me back to the first time I read one of hers. I was hooked from the first chapter. My ideal mystery steal you away from the beginning, makes you anxious to read every page, is very difficult if impossible to guess who the murderer is, and leaves you completely satisfied in the end. This book fulfills them all. There are so many more to choose from though. With over 40 books to her name ranging from fiction and non-fiction to children's books and nearly 20 movies, she is a an icon in the pulp fiction world. Personal favorites are: "Nighttime is my time", "The cradle will fall", "While my pretty one sleeps" and "Weep no more my lady." Come on up and give one a try.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love it:)

Popular Posts