A cool fall day and a good book

I love fall and all the changes, colors, smells, and feelings that come with it.  It is my favorite season.  Days start slowing down.  Even the earth seems to begin quieting itself, nestling in to a time of rest, of quiet, of rejuvenation.  As leaves fall, rains come, and the air outside settles into a cool crisp routine of days, there is a distinct smell that invades the senses letting every part of the body feel the coming of fall. 
For me, this is what fall is.  It makes me want to drink hot cider, sit in a comfortable chair and read a good book.  Right now I am reading The Paris Wife which I'll write you all about as soon as I'm finished.  So far, it's fabulous.  Next on my list to try is a series that several students have recommended so we've just added them to the Library.  The series is Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments books.  The first three books are on our Library shelf now, and the newest one is on order as soon as it is published. 
These books follow Clary, a young girl who drawn into a world of demons, demon hunters, mysticism and dark secrets when her mother disappears and she herself is nearly killed by a monster.  Existing in the dark underworld of the city, she discovers and soon becomes a part of a world only imagined in stories or television shows. 
This series has come very highly recommended by many of you, so I'm posting it here on your recommendations.  These books have been compared to the TV shows Angel and Supernatural and are recommended by authors of similar books such as Twilight's Stephanie Meyers.  Try them and let us know what you think.  Cassandra Clare has other series that we could add to the Library shelves if you are interested.  Come check them out today and enjoy the warmth of the fall season with a good book.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have read these books before and they're awesome!!
AJ

Popular Posts