Vote for Your Favorite Poem!

Vote for your favorite original love poem written by one of our Chukars! The poet with the most votes will win an awesome gift bag. You can read the full poems below or in Barber Hall. Cast your votes on our Google Form: bit.ly/tvccbadlove 

Voting closes February 15 @ 5:00 pm.

Broken Heart

Xandra Mitchell

I watched him flirt with her
It was so hard to bare
I watch them hold hands
I knew he'd be mine again
She laughed at his dumb joke
And I felt my heart croak
I walked away
Moving my hips with a sway
I heard her yelling
And I smiled at this
I heard a hiss
I turned and saw nothing but her fist
She grabbed my love
Glared at me and shoved
All my pride and greed
Into the hole of the bad deeds
Broken heart. Broken smile one day I'll laugh a little more for a while.

Image result for heart gif

Rick-Saylors

Alysa Ricks

Her eyes are two deep pools of blue
Our love is strange but not anew
She is perfect in every way
Partly because she is gay
We can love so much as two women in 2019
That there is no room for hate in between
I gave her a ring on Christmas eve
She gave me a ring with golden leaves
Non traditional will be our wedding day
And with that we are okay
I love her more and more as the second fly
We can not wait till the knot we can finally tie.

Image result for heart gif

Sweethearts

Lissa Courtwright

My love for you makes my heart soar in strides,
So much so it hurts my insides,
It makes me cringe greatly with fear
From every step we took to get us here,
There's been sadness and heartache and things we didn't choose to partake,
We stand side by side most of the time as we get busy with the everyday grime,
We've gone through a helluva lot, but we know that we're not going to give up too quick since we know the secret trick,
To grow up together and not apart because we know we've got great heart!

Image result for heart gif

Peas and Carrots

Anonymous

I married my love named Ken
So long ago-can’t say when
There are some merits
To peas and carrots
And counting to 10 now and then.

Image result for heart gif

My Love

Leslie Gwinnup

When he's dreaming he dreams of me,
And how our perfect world would be.
Were I'm the queen and he's my king,
Who'll pull out that diamond ring.
He'll say that I'm his only one,
And that my eyes are like the sun.
A burning ruby in the sky.
A burning blaze so sweet and shy.
And when she smiles its best of all,
The more in love the deeper I fall.

Image result for heart gif

Ode to My Feather Boa

Greg Borman

Thy neon plumage enticeth my mind,
Like sweet nectar from Olympus.
Thy curves and rippled beauty
Hypnotizes me-I AM YOUR CAPTIVE.

I saw thee dangling gently upon another.
Resting upon his/her bosom.
Instantly my wrathful envy took flight.
I would not stand another moment seeing thee resting upon that mannequin.

Egads! I enter by the front door and confront the villain (by way of sporting goods).
I marshal my strength, emanating from my short-sighted love,
And heft my weapon of choice.
The golf club feels warm within my hands, like the pumping of the blood in my fingers.

I swing!
Once!
Twice!
Thrice!
Frice!

My enemy lays languishing on the ground.
Notwithstanding its entreaties, I strike over and over, until it lays in pieces before me.

The last thing I thought before the police tackled me,
“Oh, thou feather boa. At long last, we are entwined…

Forever.”

Related image

Overwhelming Love

Emma Hicks

Overwhelming love, my heart racing while my leg is shaking. To try and find the words to express it feels impossible but I made it this far so there’s no turning back. Trying to find the love that keeps me moving is hard sometimes but it’s there somewhere I just have to find it.

My motivation is my sweetheart he keeps me grounded when I seem to wonder. Sometimes I find the love above me. I am sitting at a desk waiting for love to hit me, I am determined not to lose patience. I pray to the Lord hoping he can hear me breaking because my sweetheart has left me. Focusing seems impossible to do right know but it will return.

Overwhelming love, my heart racing while my leg is shaking. To try and find the words to express it feels impossible but I made it this far so there’s no turning back. Trying to find my sweetheart is unbearable, seeking for love. I look above and noticed I have found my missing sweetheart.

Trying to find the love that keeps me moving is hard sometimes but i found my happy place. It’s the Lord’s home on earth. I am strong now but at the end the Lord is my missing sweetheart. The Lord makes me stronger and calm, when my real lover is away. I close my eyes and tell the Lord I am glad I have them both. I wish I found my sweetheart sooner cause the feeling I get is amazing, the blessing he grants me is amazing. Overwhelming love, is hard to find but I have found my sweetheart.

Image result for heart gif

A Writer's First Love

Melody Wilson

When I first met you, I felt my heart unfold.
Your eyes were pools of dwarven gold
Poured into a river, so I could drown
In the well as you look on down.
Or, perhaps, I would dance in the sunshine
As your warm eyes burned through mine,
Surrounded by winged fairies and flowers,
Jealous of me, but of you, they would cower.
Your emotions are as fierce as your hair,
Sometimes a fire burning with anger in a lair,
Only for it to go out as the rain
Flooded down your face in pain.
You have dealt with so much
And yet, you never give up.
You love and you love and you love
Like the angels above.
I knew I loved you from the moment of creation,
But, alas, you are only a figment of my imagination.

Image result for heart gif

My First Time With You

Anonymous

My time with you has just begun
From being only friends, to a greater deal in my life
Not only the missing puzzle piece
But the love I never thought I receive from anyone other than my family
The moments we have shared from back then, till now, and into the future
I shall cherish for eternity
The laughter and adventure I get to share with my other half, my sidekick
Our love means a great deal to me
You know me
You are kind to me
No one will ever replace you
Only my love for you will grow
And after eternity I shall live on to love you so
Hopes and dreams is what im chasing after
Not just for me, but for you
I wake up everyday knowing I get to talk to you
There is no one else I rather choose
From the good times and the bad
We have made it through
Regrets, yes
Mistakes, absolutely
But with you things happened evidently
We might not like the things one another have done
If it be while with each other or time before
But no one lives a perfect life
If we lived a perfect life being together would be no fun
What would a relationship be without bumps in the road
Misery
We might not see eye to eye all the time
But there is one thing that will bring us back together
Our love for one another

We may fight
We may argue
We may get upset at one another
But our love is so strong it brings us back to each other
You will always have a special place in my heart
No one will ever break us apart
Spark between us have been lit for a very long time
The brightness may change
But there will always be a special bond that will keep expanding over time
Without you I am like glue
Stuck in time and not knowing what to do
I couldn't imagine the life I have right now without you
You complete me life a circle
360 degrees
With you I am happy
I am free
I can be me

No one has ever made me feel some type of way
You have helped form me into who I am today
And I thank you for that
Time is only of the essence
But together we shall be
In love and for eternity

Related image

Still You’re Exhilarating

Natashia Mathus-Vichi

What is it I should do with all these feelings for you
They`re forming like caterpillars in metamorphosis
This feeling of too much nervousness
It acts upon me with such forcefulness
And hits me with such emotional turbulence

I’m Having a hard time adjusting
My heart and brain just keep debating
Making every little thing more complicating
Causing me to spend more time generating
Reasons why I should keep waiting

Me saying no is nothing if my heart keeps on blushing
And this feeling is overtaking
Where my heart keeps aching
Don’t let this feeling be heartbreaking
Just know I always find you breathtaking

All over me blood is rushing
From head to toe you are captivating
I can’t help if my blood keeps accelerating
It’s not my normal speed of circulating

But all of me finds you fascinating

Related image

Untitled

Claudia Widmer

Bring me flowers--
          no need
Bring me candy--
          try again
Bring me jewelry--
          your only chance.

All poems are the property of the writer. We thank everyone who shared their poems with us! Vote for your favorites below!

Comments

Popular Posts